Monday, December 13, 2010

SHUT IT! THE MUSIC OF THE SWEENEY





















http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?fk6e8itawg8c6ij

Missing Tracks - http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5vlynrkgeyel0ba

Track 1 - Salute to Thames / Johnny Hawksworth
Track 2 - The Sweeney (Main Theme) / Harry South
Track 3 - Flying South / Brian Bennett
Track 4 - Movement 1 / Herbie Flowers & Barry Morgan
Track 5 - Hogan's Thing / Simon Haseley
Track 6 - Bora / Simon Haseley
Track 7 - Funky Express / Duncan Lamont
Track 8 - Big Shot / Keith Mansfield
Track 9 - Contact / Peter Reno
Track 10 - Thug / Brian Bennett
Track 11 - The Journey / Duncan Lamont
Track 12 - No Man's Land / Jacques Arel & Pierre Dutor
Track 13 - Regan's Theme / Dennis King
Track 14 - Steam Heat / Barbara Moore
Track 15 - Funko / Irving Martin
Track 16 - The Apartment / Duncan Lamont
Track 17 - Funky Pusher / Wally Asp
Track 18 - Freak Out / John O'Brien-Docker
Track 19 - The Grey Man Moves / Gordon Grant
Track 20 - The Heist / Brian Bennett
Track 21 - The Investigator / Brian Bennett
Track 22 - Wheel Man / Keith Papworth
Track 23 - The Big Fuzz / Johnny Pearson
Track 24 - Sideral Rhythmic / Jacques Arel & Pierre Dutor
Track 25 - Pop March / Johnny Pearson
Track 26 - The Sweeney (Closing Theme) / Harry South

This is the soundtrack to the hugely popular 1970's British cop show The Sweeney. Many of the big names from the library music scene had compositions featured on the show and I'm sure that was part of the programme's appeal. Not surprisingly the tracks are fast paced and hard hitting crime funk/jazz, but what sets this collection apart is the liberal use of dialogue from the series interspersed between the songs. This really brings everything alive and gives listeners who might not be familiar with The Sweeney some context as to how the songs were utilised in the show. It's a real winner of an album. Tracks 7 and 13 are missing from this download, if you can find a better link please let me know.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Track 7 and 13 are missing :(

Mr. Craig said...

Yep, I feel for ya but that's the only download I could find. If you can locate a complete rip I'd be happy to swap the links over. Obviously I didn't notice the missing tracks when I posted it so I'll make a note now so other people are aware. Cheers.

Tex said...

Mr.C, I have this album if you're still missing tracks 7 and 13.

Tex
(who hasn't had his dinner--joke from track 2)

Mr. Craig said...

Yes, would very much like those 2 so I can stop anyone else crying foul about them being missing. Thanks in advance.

Cheers for the info on the dead links, I've already replaced the Meco link, just about to do the other one.

Tex said...

Missing tracks sent.

Tex
(wishing he had a Ford Granada Consul GT V6 3.0 litre to roar off in)

Mr. Craig said...

Muchas gracias senor!

Tex said...

Did my email with the tracks get through, or did it get lost on it's way through the interwebs?

Tex
(hoping he had the right email address)

Mr. Craig said...

They certainly did arrive,a couple of rippers they are too! I've been so busy working on upcoming posts that I haven't got around to adding them here yet. Thanks again.

Tex said...

Coolness. Just being Captain Paranoid.

Tex
(digging the music and looking forward to more sonic goodies)

I-FE said...

Oh poo. I was going to post this on Soundtracks. I have this on vinyl and CD. I still will, if you don't mind as it took me ages to scan and record the bloody thing!

Mr. Craig said...

You can post anything you like that is also at Funky Frolic. Not a worry in the world.

I-FE said...

Cool. In fact, this was the first ever CD I posted on my first ever blog, Coincidence Vs Fate. Great music and a great programme. Really reminds me of growing up in the 70s. I wasn't allowed to watch it very often as it was deemed too violent!

Mr. Craig said...

Ha! My Mum had something against Dr.Who, but she let us watch The A Team. Go figure.

Anonymous said...

https://rapidshare.com/#!download|543dt|302829685|VA-Shut_It__the_Music_Of_The_Sweeney_OST-197x-musicdawn.ru.zip|101129|R~ABDF43E83E1CB48A5965BD1FF0E99A10

http://depositfiles.com/en/files/61l2cj6wr